Summer is right around the corner and that means it is time to bring out this boozy strawberry lemonade vodka slush. Made with pink (or regular) frozen lemonade concentrate, strawberry lemonade vodka and Malibu strawberry rum, this frozen punch is a guaranteed favorite for all summer gatherings!Jump to Recipe
There is seriously nothing like a cold drink on a hot summer day. And I’m not even talking about the boozy kind. When you’re outside enjoying the warm weather, a cold beverage just hits different. When it comes to hosting a summer party, cold beverages and water is a must! Without them, the heat can easily get the best of everyone. Brutal heat without any drinks to cool down with? No thanks!
This post is all about how to make the best summertime strawberry lemonade vodka slush to serve at a party for all 21+ guests to enjoy! Made with frozen lemonade concentrate, water, Svedka strawberry lemonade vodka and Malibu strawberry rum, this lip-smacking punch will have guests reaching for more!
Best Strawberry Lemonade Vodka Slush
When I tell you that people can’t get enough of this stuff, I mean I could have easily made a double batch of this for a recent family gathering we hosted. I definitely underestimated the number of drinks people wanted out of this slushie but it’s good to know for future reference that most people were interested in having more than one serving. And I can’t blame them, this stuff is gooood.
Here’s the thing. When it comes to having food and drinks, sometimes you just have to guesstimate and hope for the best. And that’s exactly what I did at my family gathering with this punch. You already know how that turned out. I should have doubled the recipe!
I will say, I know why I misjudged it. As I was planning out how much punch to make, I kept in mind that we had company from out of state coming that were likely looking to make the long drive home afterwards. I wasn’t sure if there would be much interest in a boozy beverage if there was a long night of driving ahead of anyone. But to my surprise, the punch bowl was empty by the time the main meal was served. Thinking back, it was a Friday and for the first time in a long time we had all the relatives in town gathering under the same roof. Sounds like two good reasons to want a few glasses of punch if you ask me!
Ingredients To Make The Frozen Slush
Some more good news about this punch is that it doesn’t take many ingredients to make a punch bowl full of it. See below for everything you will need to make this frozen slushie:
- Frozen pink lemonade concentrate – You can find this at Kroger. BUT if you cannot find it, you can swap it for regular frozen lemonade concentrate. See the section below if this is the case for you.
- Svedka Strawberry Lemonade – The one in the pink bottle! I found mine at Binny’s.
- Strawberry Malibu Rum – If you ever wanted an excuse to use or try strawberry Malibu rum, here you go! You can find this rum at Target.
- Water – Hopefully supplied from your fridge or your kitchen sink!
- Friends – The more the better! And in my case, you might need more punch over having more people
What If I Can’t Find Frozen Pink Lemonade Concentrate?
If you can’t find the frozen pink lemonade concentrate in stores, don’t worry! There is an easy work-around to this. And I’ll let you in on a secret. I had to cheat with this work-around because my store didn’t carry the pink lemonade variety and I did not feel like driving around to other stores to find them.
Here’s what to do if you can’t find the frozen pink lemonade concentrate:
- Buy the regular frozen lemonade concentrate instead
- To get the pink color, buy a single serving packet (0.11 oz) of Wild Strawberry Crystal Light
- In the recipe, you’ll sub the pink lemonade for the regular lemonade concentrate and add in a single serve packet of Strawberry Crystal Light which will give you the same pink color as the pink lemonade would have!
I promise, no one’s going to know the difference in whether you use the regular method or the work-around method. If you don’t really mind if the slushie is pink or not, you can omit the Strawberry Crystal Light and leave the lemonade color as is (if you can’t find the pink lemonade concentrate).
The Easiest Frozen Drink You’ll Ever Make
I’m always ready for some cool summer drinks but honestly, I don’t want to go to the trouble of making anything complicated in the summer. Quick, easy and refreshing are what I look for in summer recipes. This frozen punch is so simple to make, it doesn’t even require a blender. It’s the kind of recipe where you just dump all the ingredients into the bowl, stir it up and store it in the freezer until it’s time to serve.
If you were looking for an easy yet impressive boozy drink big enough to serve a crowd, you’re in the right spot. This frozen punch will only take about 10 minutes to assemble and the rest of the time will be spent in the freezer. It seriously could not be any easier!
What To Serve This Drink With
You could serve just about any appetizers you’d like but here are a few of my favorite summertime appetizers that would go great with this frozen punch!
- Goat Cheese Bruschetta – This is the perfect appetizer to make in a pinch. This appetizer is made with creamy herb goat cheese, fresh tomatoes and tangy balsamic all piled on top of a cracker of your choice!
- Veggie Pinwheels – Nothing like fun bite sized pinwheels filled with cream cheese, ranch seasoning, crisp bell peppers and fresh veggies to pair with a fruity frozen cocktail!
- Strawberry Brie Tartlets – If you’re looking for a sweet appetizer or fruity dessert to serve with your strawberry lemonade vodka slushie, these strawberry brie tartlets provide a little bit of warmth and comfort to balance it all out.
When To Serve This Fruity Boozy Slushie
First things first. No time is a bad time to serve this boozy slushie. But, there are particularly fun events and celebratory parties to serve this pink slushie at!
- Mother’s Day – I served this pink punch during Mother’s Day this year and it was so fitting as we move into summer. We had lots of fresh pink flowers in the house to celebrate my mom and this frozen slushie fit right in with that color theme.
- Bridal Showers – Pastel colors always look so nice at bridal showers and the taste of fruity drinks also hits the spot.
- Memorial Day – it’s fruity and really brings the summer vibes! Lemonade in the summer is a must and now so is this punch.
- Literally any summer gathering – I think the drink speaks for itself on this one.
Interested in trying this strawberry lemonade vodka slush? Do it! Let me know in the comments below what you think of it! Was the punch bowl empty before you could grab seconds?
Strawberry Lemonade Vodka Slush
- 36 fl oz pink lemonade frozen concentrate (3 12oz cans)
- 9 cups water
- 2 cups Svedka strawberry lemonade vodka
- 2 cups strawberry Malibu rum
- Run the cans of frozen lemonade concentrate under hot water for 2 minutes to thaw.
- In a large punch bowl, add the thawed lemonade concentrate, water, vodka and rum. Stir to combine.
- Cover the bowl with a lid or seran wrap and carefully store in the freezer to chill for 12 hours or overnight.
- Remove from freezer 10-15 minutes before serving and use a ladle to break up the ice and give it a good mix. Garnish with lemons or strawberries and enjoy!